Re: [St] Ride Report: Had to have those bars in my hand

At 11:18 AM 2/11/2008, you wrote:
>I'm off to three weeks of full time training off site so will probably miss
>the digest for a while.
>But I had to give my ride report per Matt's command.
>
>It was so hot here in Dallas yesterday as we sat a new record. But I just
>had to have those bars in my hand.
>I waited until 8:00 PM and the temperature had fallen to 99. I pulled her
>out of the garage, checked the oil, and she started on the first attempt.
>Disregarding safety I wore shorts, a t-shirt, and no gloves or helmet.
>The engine was running at full throttle as I slipped her into gear, gripped
>the bars and we were off. Almost didn't make the first turn as the engine
>insisted on staying at redline! But I did.
>Down the next straight at full throttle and into the ninety degree left
>turn, then off again with the RPM's never dropping!
>It stayed this way for about an hour and I was sweating the results.
>I finally cover all the well know ground. Enough of this already and I
>killed the engine after an extended run.
>Now, a nice cold beer on the patio after I pushed the mower back into the
>garage.
>5 days and counting until the next moto-mower adventure:-)
>
>BTW, she's almost needing new tires and an oil change.
>Does anyone have a tire recommendation or know if using regular Mobil1
>instead of the fancy Sears branded mower oil will hurt the engine?

god bless you Jack.

I'm sitting here in a funk because I can't ride right now (doctors orders).
I get to go back to the office partner to my regular doctor today to
followup after the hospital visit of last week.

Mix in that I have both boys and the wife home sick as well and you
can understand why I feel like I'm going insane.

I read that and laughed until my stomach hurt (literally, torn
abdominal muscles are real bugger).
But the it was good medicine.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"