Re: [St] Ride Report: Had to have those bars in my hand

Same applies in Italy and quite a few other European countries. I lived in
the UK for a while and rode around for about 18 months on a GSX600F. I filtered
(lane split) behind a bike cop on my way to work one morning. It was unreal,
he waved for me to follow and the traffic just parted for him.

I couldnt believe the attitude towards motorcycles on the road in that part
of the world. Back in Oz the average motorist is just arrogant, ignorant and
beligerant when it comes to other road users.

If you get the chance, head to the south of France for the Bol D'or. Its a
week long event and theres an amnesty for bikes. No tolls, no speed limits. Yes
its a mad time, but one of the best riding experiences I have ever had.

Brett.