Re: [St] Justice finally?

On Sat 23 Feb 2008, JES_VFR wrote:
> At 07:55 PM 2/22/2008, you wrote:
> >Was she drunk?
>
> Does that really matter John?
> The guy is dead, and she is only getting 4 years for Felony
> Manslaughter. That woman should get more like 10-12.

Be thankful. Here in Ireland killing someone with a vehicle very rarely
results in a manslaughter charge, usually just a dangerous driving charge and
a fine. Jail time is almost unheard of. Unfortunately I have personal
experience of this when a friend was killed a few years ago. 800 euro (about
$1200US) fine and a five year driving ban  - meaningless as the murdering
scum didn't have a licence in the first place.

Eoin

'04 ST955i