Re: [St] Bags and cats...

At 07:28 PM 2/23/2008, you wrote:
>Up the nostrils of the cat and few other orifices of said feline should also
>do the trick...
>
>Many years ago I shared a house with a cat owner. Those cute little creatures
>loved marking their territory on bags full of clothes. As I travelled a lot
>for work, I always had a bag of clothing somewhere. After the third incident
>and the owner telling me to get over it, I set up a little surprise
>consisting
>of an electric fence unit and some well placed wires.
>
>Funnily enough, that those cats never came near me or any of my possessions
>again.

Many moons ago, I rented a room from in house owned by an elderly
woman, she had six small dogs, one cat and one kitten (that seemed to
think it was a dog). The dogs and the kitten all loved me, making
noise and dancing around my feet whenever I was in the house.
My room was off limits to the animals, so of course the cat always
wanted in. It would do all sorts of annoying things to try to mark my
stuff as its territory and hide (usually to try and pounce on me)
when I came home at night.
One if its annoying tricks was to butt its head on the door to my
room at like 3 am. If it did it enough the door would open ( I did
not lock the door at night) and it would try to creep in. Finally one
morning I got piss'd off about it enough to grab a laundry bag and
toss it over the cat, then I took the bag and hung it in the running
shower while I shaved (and waited for hot water to start flowing).
When I was done getting ready, I untied the top of the bag
and  tossed the whole soggy mess out onto the back step of the house.
Needless to say the cat never bothered again.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"