From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jorstad
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:11 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Fw: Justice finally? NOT!!!

Phillip,

Yes, you would have received such leniency as this was an accident.  Tragic
yes.  If it was anything else she would have been charged with murder and
faced much longer than the 4 years that was first suggested.  It is very
possible that this was her first accident in her 87 years of life.  (No I
don't know that for a fact, but then it does not seem that many people have
all or most of the facts here)  If everyone who killed someone, with a car,
was placed in jail for 4 years can you imagine how many people would
actually be in our prisons.

This is an issue on this forum only because the victim was on a bike,
otherwise someone would be outraged about the victims who were walking
across the street or in another car.  Yes,  we are more vulnerable on our
bikes.  So, what can we do about that?  I personally am thinking about the
visibrakes and the modulated headlights.

Gary