Re: [St] should i stay or should i go?

so i drove down in the car to see the potential bike. Id hoped to go
on my bike, then id get a valuation for the trade in, but with guests
suprising us the night before i was up too late, i wanted to avoid
coming up in cold drizzle with home bound traffic.
So the bike was spotless, only 2370 miles and not yet a year old. The
salesman tried to impress on me teh difference between my 955 and the
1050 which was slightly patronising but i was soon out of the showroom
and on the road.
the mirrors are good, the seat makes my angle sligtly different but
theres no pressure on the wrists. The roads are greasy but i know this
bike would be a blast on teh twisties. I try the duel carriageway and
am quickly passing everything. The position is great so i can see
everything. Im not getting buffetted in the wind so the screen is
fine. Wonder how the pillion would feel?

So back to the shop and im told that whilst they cant offer me a price
till they see my bike that they werent even willing to speak about the
possible trade in price. the implication being that they'd be doing me
a favour. Guess what, its (now) January, interest rates are going up
which is going to see sales dropping. I think they need to change
their position.

Whilst they reserved the bike till thursday for me, i wont be going
down with my bike due to work demands. Im being sent for a couple of
weeks to Brazil so when i come back lets see if their attitude with be
different. I make a saving of £1500+ on a year old 2.5k mile bike, so
i wonder what deals i might get on a new bike? Its a buyers market
right now.

My 00 is a good bike, so i wasnt completely blown away by the 07
model, however i know its a better bike. I dont see myself losing
either way - staying or going! Happy New Year