Re: [St] new owner, tire repair vs. replacement on a st?

>Found a nail in my ST's rear tire this morning.  I'm really really new
>to motorcycles.  Did some googling, and (obviously)...

I repaired many times with outside coated rubber strips looking like
that: http://www.amazon.com/Victor-V104-Belted-Radial-Repair/dp/B000AMKU3K/ref=sr_1_9/103-8753848-2910205?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1200473460&sr=1-9
and it worked fine. Never had a problem. That said I never drive very very fast (never reached 200km/h for ex and usually more arround 130/140 than arround 170 on the highway).

The real question is did somebody heard about such a repair that failed and if so did it have catastrophique effects?

Fred ST 02 BRG
**