Re: [St] Skinning the seat

Have a look at

http://www.bagster.com/en/showroom-sellerie.php?id=4&id_marque=9&id_cylin=18&id_modele=SPRINT%20RS/ST

Pretty common brand around here.

Fred

My seat is old.  After 33,000 miles (72,000+ km) it's seen a lot of
butt.  Two years of Alabama sun didn't help it any and it's now developed a
crack of its own. So, I'm wanting to reskin it, but I'm looking for
something a little more unique than just a black cover.  Has anyone done
anything 'neat' with their seat?  If you have, I'd be interested to know how
it went.  Photos would be appreciated.

My current idea requires a bit of sewing, but obviously that leaves me open
to the possibility of discomfort due to poorly placed seams rubbing on my
undercarriage and, of course, the possibility of one of those seams coming
open prematurely.  Has anyone any experience with multi-panel/-colour seats?

I like the current seat and I am not looking to replace the whole thing as I
have grown fond of the tool kit.  The most I would be willing to do would be
replace the foam but I'll probably end up leaviing it as is (or maybe
shaving it a bit).

Thanks,

David