From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rik.relph@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 2:13 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Lowering an 01

Did I not read in one thread that you can get a little more by adjusting
the rear wheel hub so the bike sits lower?

Feel like a real biker today, damp!

Rik

FXDWG
'02 ST

Cambridge, ENGLAND

From: "Patti Beadles" <pattib@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/07/08 Tue PM 05:48:16 BST
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>I've seen small ladies ride 1200GS's purely by balance and getting one
leg
>to the ground, so anything is possible with confidence and practice.

Oh, I *can* ride the Sprint, and I have been for years.  It's
just that I know the price is that I'll occasionally tip it
over when I hit a marginal low-speed situation.

>some clever shaping might do it.

That's my plan.  I just bought a used seat on Ebay, and I'm
going to send it to Sargent.  Has anyoen used them to lower
and narrow a Sprint seat?  If so, how much did it get you
and are you happy with the results?

-Patti

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.