Re: [St] Riding boots - Dress Boots?

On Jul 11, 2008, at 1:31 AM, <rik.relph@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <rik.relph@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

I work in an office, ride in every day and wear British Army Boots.
They polish well, fully waterproof and comfortable.

Rik.

FXDWG
'02 ST

On a similar note, I use Magnum Stealth 2 boots. They're available at mil surplus and law enforcement/paramedic stores.

They're designed to be walked in or hiked in all day long, are incredibly light weight, and fairly tough (ceramic toe as an option).
On the downside, they aren't designed for motorcycling (which means they're comfy), have heavy padding but no armor on the ankles, and no protection against a twist out on the ankles.
I would not wear them if I was on the track, but for just general riding and touring, they meet my minimum requirements.