Re: [St] Fuel economy

Eoin Kirwan wrote:
Pfft. I wouldn't mind getting that per *imperial* gallon (4.5 litres)

Typically I get about 32mp(imp)g in city commuting. I've never got over 45 even on a long motorway ride.
I'd love to get that too. I'm averaging low 30's commuting as well, except that mine are US gal. I figured that my poor mileage was due to a short commute and living in the corn belt, where 10% ethanol is in EVERY brand and grade of gasoline. My bike is stock, with the stock tune. Tires are 36/42psi Avons, stock gearing (19/43) on a 2003 ST.

Dan