Re: [St] Fuel economy

Quoting Rob McKinley <mckinley@xxxxxxx>:

I did Switzerland on my 03 in May. I got 200 miles on 15.8 litres at 80+ MPH on the French Autoroute and some bendy bits in betewwn.

15.8 / 4.54 = 3.48 GB Gallons

200 / 3.48 = 57 Miles/Gallon

That's my experience as well on my '99.  Low of 36, high of 53, but
usually in the low to mid 40's in a mix of commuting and searching for
some bends in the road that aren't 90 degrees.

Rob

Dan Wallander wrote:
The lowest I ever got in over 70,000 miles on my '99 ST was 38mpg and that was into a very stiff head wind. I've toured the corn belt and seen a lesser mileage, but nothing in the lower 30's. Of course, I don't commute on the bike and that might make a difference.

Normal mileage was always in excess of 45mpg, US miles and gallons. Maybe the '03 with more HP is thirstier? Maybe something not right with the tune.

Dan Wallander Rio Rancho, NM 87124 505-994-0259 (p) 505-892-8881 (f)

I'd love to get that too. I'm averaging low 30's commuting as well,
except that mine are US gal.  I figured that my poor mileage was due to
a short commute and living in the corn belt, where 10% ethanol is in
EVERY brand and grade of gasoline.  My bike is stock, with the stock
tune.  Tires are 36/42psi Avons, stock gearing (19/43) on a 2003 ST.

Dan

-- SimonB