Re: [St] Crickets chirping

On 7/19/08, Chris Harwood <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Regrettably I have a nail in my back tyre that hisses when I move it.

Well, that stinks.  Considering the amount of tread left, I'd just go ahead
and replace it.  But, then that's just me.  Mine's a bit easier to get off
than yours (you've got a twin beam swing arm, right?)

> Make sure the speedo works after it's fitted.

Ah, yes.  I already dealt with that little issue when I replaced the rubber
the first time.  Lesson learned.

Speaking of lessons!

Just something that was annoying the crap out of me today.  Last time I
replaced the tyre, I had a bike lift.  Not so lucky this time.  So, I had it
on the center stand with each fork resting on a cement block.  Well, getting
the wheel out wasn't quite as easy as last time since it wasn't sitting
quite as high.  I ended up removing the little round reflectors on each fork
which allowed the fender to come up very easy allowing the wheel to just
roll right out.

I don't know why it took me so long to think of that.

David
'99 ST in black, the blackest colour