Re: [St] New front calipers

Shane, its not so much for braking power, but to fix the issue the stock
calipers have of getting a spongy lever.  There is something about the stock
calipers that causes the pistons to stick to the seals (or something like
that) so that after a little while it seems like the lever has to travel
almost all the way to the bar to get braking power.  You can alleviate this
in many ways (pull the brake lever to the bar and strap it there overnight,
remove calipers and clean crud off pistons), but it would be nice if you
didn't have to do any of those.  Hence the guys buying 6 pot calipers off
'busas and other jap liter bikes.  There was a thread a while back on it,
and there's info on TriumphRAT.net as well, IIRC.

Dan

As for working on a Saturday, I am to, just not getting paid.  And now that
the sun has come out, I suppose I should go mow...