Re: [St] Turbo Sprint

Hi Derek,

>Although I already knew better, I was hoping someone could tell me that adding a turbo to my bike would not destroy the economy and longevity of the engine.
I think you line about "knowing better" sums it up perfectly.  Turbos work really well on cars; not so well on motorcycles.

>The reason I have a Triumph is because I love their bikes.
As we all do!!!!

>The reason I have a Sprint ST is because I can only justify one bike right now, and in my opinion it is one of the most versatile bikes ever produced.
Well said, and the reason you should enjoy it all the more "sans-turbo!"

>I expected somebody to get offended when I said I prefer the 99-04 over the new ST.
Well, I was (ever so slightly) one of them, however, being on this list with many lovers of everything Triumph, I can live with the fact that some listers like the older style Sprints better than the 05+.  I  have an '06 Sprint of which I happen to appreciate the front-end of MUCH more than its predecessor.  OTOH, I feel that the designers ran out of inspiration "mid-bike."  The rear end of the bike is totally uninspired.  So, I look on the positive side and enjoy the marvellous torque that the 1050 motor provides out of the corners.  To each their own (opinion).

Let us live in peace under the Triumph banner.  Having just returned from an 8,500 km, 11-day tour of Canada and the southern Mid-west US, I give a nod of the Triumph cap to Jonathan West who epitomizes the spirit of the gregarious Triumph lister.  Like him, I extends an invitation to any rider that happens to be in my neighbourhood (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada).

Brian - in the Great White North (where the snowboard season is just around the corner)