From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Wallander
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:11 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] Shimmy, shake, wiggle, waggle, whatever...

Vibration can come from the rear too.  Check the balance on that.
Check your tire pressures
Check your steering head bearings
Check your rims for round - have you hit a chuck hole lately
Check that your front axle and rear nut (no, not the passenger) are
torqued
correctly
Broken belt in a a tire - got any bulges

Does it happen with the clutch in and out?
Does it happen in any gear at that speed?

Could be a combination of factors.
Check your throttle body synch.

Dan Wallander
Rio Rancho, NM  87124

> I have a question. I've got a '99 ST and it's got a strange vibration
at
> highway speed. I can describe it as a varying amplitude (from 0 to
full
> wiggle on about a 1 Hz cycle) with a frequency of about 6 Hz. If this
> makes
> any sense...
>
> I can feel it in the grips, but it's not all that bad. What it does do
is
> wiggle my windscreen and mirrors, making it difficult to see if
there's
> any
> constabulary behind me. I don't think it's my front tyre, as I just
had it
> replaced and balanced. Besides, it was doing this before the tyre
swap.
> The
> frequency doesn't change significantly (as in, I cannot tell a
difference)
> with different engine speeds (I can guarantee it's not the engine).
It's
> not
> changing with different velocities, however, the vibration doesn't
really
> become noticeable until about 65-70 mph.

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.