[St] '08 vs 2000 ST: Decision

Thanks everybody for the good input.  I decided to stick with my 2000 ST.  This is my second Sprint (I totalled the '01 a month after I bought it) and I love the '99-'04 body style, ride, performance, and most of all versatility.  I guess the reason I was even contemplating trading for the '08 was because after I got home with my bike from Chicago, I was able to tell the bike had been down before (paint, chips in the wheels, misaligned steering).  Plus it had been stored out in the elements, with some of the rubber rotting and some rust spots.  I have since cleaned it up and the bike looks and runs great.  I guess I still feel "molested" since this is the first time I have been deceived on a purchase, with the unit not  being as pristine as it was portrayed by the seller.  Live and learn, I guess.  At least the bike is mechanically sound and has not left me on the side of the road.

But again, thank you for the advice.  It is great to have your experience to my advantage.  The only thing I have left to solve is my crooked steering.  I have loosened up the clamps and straightened the bars 3 different times, but after riding it a couple of days, they slide back off center about 1/2" to the right.  Nothing really looks bent upon inspection of the clamps and forks, but I have not had the front end apart yet to really inspect the situation.  Any takes on the most efficient way to go about this are appreciated.

Derek Wilson
2000 Black ST