Re: [St] Brake Calipers

Jim Crate wrote:
On Jun 8, 2008, at 10:25 PM, David Jonas wrote:

Not only from what you said, Al, but I put a set of EBC Green Stuffs on my
Miata a while back and I'll tell you what...I've never had so much brake
dust. I went back to the OEM Mazda pads and couldn't have been happier.
The EBC's like to boast they resist fade, but I've gotten into some pretty
scary fade situations with them that I was not expecting. I can only
imagine the pad compound and behaviour of said pad is similar for the ST.

The EBC Green Stuff pads I used on my car a few years ago were very low dust, but would fade pretty easily. However, the Green Stuff pads aren't intended for performance usage. The Red Stuff pads are much better in that respect.

The EBC HH pads I'm using on the Sprint also seem to be good pads. I've never had a hint of fade with them, and they are always strong and consistent.

Interesting note. I had the EBC "green" pads on my '99 for a couple of years and never noticed much difference in them vs. any other pads (OEM or EBC HH) so figured they were all the same. IIRC the green ones were lots lest dusty.

The '03 got OEM rears since I had 'em laying around but am about to replace the fronts, keeps these cards and letters coming.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\