Re: [St] Brake Pads

Hi Steve,

I have both a Sprint and a Superhawk, and yes , the
pads are interchangeable. That being said, I have
considerd doing exactly what you are doing, but in
reverse... The Triumph has the best brakes of any bike
I have ever ownde, and as such have contemplated
putting OEM Triumph pads on the Superhawk, as well as
changing out the mastercylinder with an OEM from a
Triumph ( also both Nissin). My Superhawk came to me
with braided lines, Brembo cast iron floating rotors
and matched pads, and still does not stop as good as
the Triumph. It has plenty of stopping power, but
requires alot of hand pressure. I have a spare front
wheel. It has stock rotors. With it I use , I think,
EBC HH pads. For street use this combo is better than
the brembos, as it doesnt require alot of heat to have
peek performance. Maybe a bit less total braking, but
less pressure required at the lever. Still not as good
as the Triumph though. Seriously, any time the Triumph
is down and I ride the SH only for an extended period,
when I get on the Triumph for the first time, the
first few times I hit the brakes she wants to pitch me
over the bars, until I get used to the feel again...

Just giving you my 2 cents, not sure I would be
looking at Honda pads, but the size is the same. I
dont know what I will do on the RS. She has 21k on the
clock and my original pads still have some meat
left....Guess I dont use my brakes that much...

John