Re: [St] Almost killed by a squirrel

On Jun 10, 2008, at 5:39 PM, rlnm2000@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I take it you're saying this because some dumb ass motorcyclist wannabe hit the brakes in a panic and came to a full stop in the middle of the highway just as you were approaching from behind? That would have been ugly at that speed. Good thing you didn't hit the jerk.

No, it was a lady in a cage. I saw the squirrel, I saw her brake lights and figured she was just going to slow a bit. By the time I realized she was coming to a complete stop I was closing really fast. I was just getting ready to pass her when it happened and even though I had a higher initial speed I was fortunately able to stop quicker than her. I didn't want to just pass her because at that point I didn't know if she was going to try swerving as well. Once she came to a complete stop, I quickly went around her with my finger on the horn button.

It would have been fitting if the squirrel had run out just as I passed her and gotten squished.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/ motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned