Re: [St] The Sprint ST is back

They charged the same price as bike bandit for the switch ($202).  However,
they charged $500 for labor to diagnosis the problem and replace the
switch.  The switch is actually split along the horizontal seam.   My
biggest gripe is that I authorized $250 labor to diagnose the starting
problem.  They called me and said it was the switch and the bill would be
$700.

 Shouldn't they have called and said we spent the $250 and can't figure out
what is wrong?  That is 3.5 hours of labor!

The funniest thing is the owner said "We only change $70 and hour, the Honda
place is $130".   It would still be cheaper if they could figure out an
ignition switch is bad in less then 6 hours!

I do not like taking my bike (or anything) into a shop.  But, I figured they
would hook up the gameboy and it would tell them what is wrong.  I would
love to find another dealer, but there in only one in Tallahassee.   The
next nearest are about 150 miles away.  I bought my bike in Palm Beach at a
great dealer, that sadly is about 400 miles away.
Cheers!
Ed