Re: [St] Want to play guess the estimate? (The answer)

Patti
Don't forget how much you could transfer off a high-mileage second-hand
bike if you bought it for, say $1000.

My off was self-inflicted and <15mph but went down can-side and broke
the mounting lug off the headlamp unit - it adds up quickly.

It's good you weren't deflected into the path of oncoming!

Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> pattib@xxxxxxxxxx 20/06/2008 08:45:25 >>>
I expected maybe $2000, since there were a few pieces of
plastic that had damage, plus peg, shifter, etc.  There
are several pieces that have relatively minor scratches
(bar end, sidestand) that I probably wouldn't bother fixing
but that I expected to see in the estimate nonetheless.

The estimate I got today was around $4000.  Yikes!  In
addition to the cosmetic damage, I bent the bracket for the
headlight/fairing/instruments, and slightly bent the radiator.
The dealer (not my favorite, but the one that was closest)
strongly recommended replacing it even though it wasn't
leaking right now.

I haven't actually seen the estimate yet, so I don't know
all of what's on the list.

I was probably going 15MPH when the guy cut me off.  Yikes!

-Patti