Re: [St] The Sprint ST is back

I recently refused to pay for a bunch of unauthorized suspension work on
my wife's car when the dealer couldn't produce the worn out parts. I had
written on the original work order (a warped brake rotor caused by a
sticky caliper) that all parts were to be examined by me before I would
pay for the work.
They replaced the rotor and caliper as agreed, but also replaced three
ball joints, an upper swing arm bushing and an anti-roll bar rod end.
They produced the brake parts; I paid that part of the bill. They could
not produce the suspension parts, and declined my offer to put the car
on a lift so they could point out the new (and therefore still clean)
parts.
I didn't pay for the suspension work, and they didn't squawk. I also
promised them that I would never set foot in their business again.

Mike
'06 ST
Seattle

Edward Neu wrote:
> They charged the same price as bike bandit for the switch ($202).
However,
> they charged $500 for labor to diagnosis the problem and replace the
> switch.  The switch is actually split along the horizontal seam.   My
> biggest gripe is that I authorized $250 labor to diagnose the starting
> problem.  They called me and said it was the switch and the bill would
be
> $700.
>
>  Shouldn't they have called and said we spent the $250 and can't
figure out
> what is wrong?  That is 3.5 hours of labor!

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.