Re: [St] Was - Want to play guess the estimate? Frame Sliders

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Ken <moonmojo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was looking at frame sliders the other day wondering if they were just the latest visual gadget or they actually would help prevent this kind of damage, or at least minimize it. I know they were developed for race bikes to protect the engine casings???
>
> Ken

Ken,
Frame sliders worked well for me when someone knocked my bike over in
the street. The frame slider was bent by the fall but the bike only
had minor damage. See
http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/sliders.html

They did not work out so well for the friend I sold the bike to when
he had a 40-50mph get off (bent frame and broken engine mounting
point) but I will let him tell that story.
Rupert