[St] frame sliders

Well, now we have photographic proof that frame sliders can cause damage.  I
remember your post last month about this.  How did this all turn out for the
bike?

David

The net result is that I'll have to drop the engine out and get the bracket welded. I don't know if the bike (2000) is worth enough to justify that! I had planned to change the bike last winter but when I saw the way fuel prices are going decided not to. No point in spending K£10 on a new bike and then not being able to afford the petrol. I am still using the bike although I haven't fixed the fairing or bracket yet.  At the moment, I have added a couple of wide washers to help hold the bracket and frame together and have put white gloss paint on the bracket so that if the crack opens out or spreads it will be easy to see. So far so good, nothing has moved.  But, the man in the van who wanted to share my little bit of road did stop and did admit liability and has paid for all the damage so far. In fairness he could have driven on and I would never have got him! and he didn't make the mistake of putting the sliders on my bike! I was the idiot that did that. So I trust him to pay for the rest of the work when I get it done this winter.
You may remember that a guy in OZ forwarded my pictures to R&G for comment. so far their silence is deafening!