[St] Heated Grips Issue

Hello all,

I recently bought a set of 'genuine Triumph' heated grips for my 2001 RS. I
had them fitted by an authorised dealer etc. The issue is that the left grip
is 'considerably' cooler than the right grip. What's more, I think that the
left one is turning on an off at intervals of about 10 minutes. It heats up,
cools down, heats up, cools down etc whilst the right grip is constant and
consistent.

The guy who installed it seems to think that this temperature imbalance is
"normal"... but it doesn't seem right to me.

Before I go and escalate the issue, can I ask, has anyone had a similar
issue? Know of a fix? Is it a fault with my particular unit or is this a
design 'feature'.

Thanks very much in advance,

Damien