Re: [St] Another heated grip issue....

John Ulizzi wrote:
I just installed my OEM heated grips on my 02 RS. My
right side grip seems to bind, i.e. act as a throttle
lock, when the grips are turned on. Obviously, the
heat is causing the unit to expand somewhat. Has
anyone else had this same experience and is there a
quick fix for it?

Do you have a Throttlemeister in place? You may have to add another real thin shim or redo the spacers to add just a couple of hairs to it...I notice when my grips are on I have to be mindful of the Throttlemeister wanting to bind a little...

If it's just the standard bar end weights you might try backing out the bolt just a tad. A tip for all - when working with the bolt that holds bar end weights in, be sure to grip both the bar and the weight with one hand to prevent it from turning. This can save some of those that have the little plastic nips in 'em for locating them "home" from breaking off.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\