[St] Hoping for a tiny miracle

I have been trying intermittently for the last few years to get the
handlebars on Skittles to line up square with the front tire with no luck.
Finally I meet a guy (new co-worker) who spends his free time rebuilding
countless (actually, more than 40) vintage Hondas, and other older bikes
(interesting aside: the Barber Museum has been hounding him for at least one
of his bikes), and he took one look at Skittles and decided it's pretty
likely I have a "tweaked" lower triple tree.  Not a big surprise, based on
how the bike crashed prior to becoming mine.  Left-side slide with a
destroyed front wheel, front fender and bent forks.

So, since Triumph wants close to $300 for a new lower tree, and the current
forks came from a non-crashed, blown-engine ST, I am taking a shot in the
dark that some generous and trusting lister might have an 99-04 ST currently
in pieces, or maybe just has a spare lower triple tree, that might be lent
to me so that I can be sure that is the problem, before I go dropping the
near-$300 on what might not be the problem.

What are my chances?

TIA (pleasepleaseplease),
JDW