Re: [St] New GPS

On 26 Jun 2008, at 17:21, Young, Mike wrote:

what about the bluetooth connection?
what are you guys using for hearing the info in your helmets?

I've got an Autocom Pro7 system on the Triumph and connect the Zumo to the Autocom system using an Autocom Bluetooth dongle. Works pretty well - but only in mono. I connect my phone to the Zumo by Bluetooth also - so the Zumo handles dialing / receiving etc. Works fine.

I also have an iPod which I plug directly to the Pro7 via a stereo cable - and I let the Autocom handle contention between Phone / Zumo and Music.

I use an Autocom microphone - part of a regular full-face helmet kit - but have removed the speakers and instead use some custom-fit earplugs / headphones for listening. These simply have a 3.5mm jack on the end, and so simply plug into an Autocom cable that splits off headphone signals from the mic signals - the cable replacing the one from Autcom box to helmet connector.

When I'm not wanting to use Zumo / Phone etc - I simply plug the earphones into the iPod.

The only issue I have had is that Zumo puts out a loud 'beep' when navigating menus that it is hard to turn off (you have to turn off navigation volume to get rid of it). Due to efficiency of the earphones, the beeps are really loud - discouraging you from doing anything on the Zumo while connected up. But actually I've found turning of the navigation voice is not such a big deal - the instructions on screen are OK. So it works for phone - music from iPod - and a quiet Zumo.

HTH

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183. Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/