Re: [St] Getting the gas tank back on

At one shop it was $28.00 but I get an MSF discount at another, the urgent one was $48.00.
Make sure you take your VIN number as some are double cable some are single. Happens mine is the single cable, '99 model
I think they are around $37.00 on BikeBandit.com
Look at item number 18
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/triumph-motorcycle-sprint-st-serial-number-139276-and-below/o/m6906

Thanks Mark, what did one set of cables set you back ?

John

--- Mark Needham <gbdiver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks John :)

> I wish I could offer suggestions, all I can tell
you
> is getting my tank back on requires a bit of
cussing
> and swearing...
I can manage that part easily!!!!

> Question though... why did you have to replace
yopur
> throttle cables anyway? ( The first time I mean).
My throttle was stiff, upto a point where I was
nearly refused a TCT course
because they considered it dangerous. Pulling it
apart I found the throttle
handle was nice and loose, throttle bodies, nice and
loose but the cable was
stiff. I decided to renew rather than attempt to
repair and lube up. Fitting
the new one I over tightend the nut and teh threadds
snapped. Decided to
renew again :) Still having problem routing the
cable without the lower Tree
bending the cable though :(