Re: [St] Ear plugs, noise reduction and music

Also, having said all that, a few years back I
strapped a camcorder to my tankbag and took a whole
bunch of video. I experimneted with many different
things to get rid of the wind noise and optimise the
sound of the bike. Then I took the raw footage home
and mixed it down to music. Man was that cool. Some
just had the music, some had the roar of the bike in
the background. These videos really help with PMS
during the winter. But everytime I get on one of the
roads I have a music video of, I can hear the music in
my head, and really get into it. Its really cool to
have a rockin video of a cool road with the angry wood
chipper roar of a 955 in the background. Or the gear
driven cam drive of a VFR, or the intake honk and
exhaust note of a properly piped Superhawk...So maybe
there is a happy medium.

A few more thoughts: A high quality booster amp will
dramtically improve the sound quality of your MP3
player, even if volume is not what you are after.
Also, if your MP3 player has variable record
resolution, always use the highest, no exceptions,
because in reality, it isnt high enough...