Re: [St] Ear plugs, noise reduction and music

Good points from John re: audio quality but I think for many, at least for my, the audio is much more utilitarian. The need for 2-way for me was to keep tabs on my wife when she was riding to be able to check that she's ok, to communicate stops and directions, etc. Not a whole lot of casual communications but as more of the riders I know added radios it sure made the long rides more fun, chit chat can keep you much more awake. The music really keeps me awake on the long runs too but I usually shut it down for the twisties...unless just the right song comes up! And you certainly don't need audiophile level transducers to get radar warnings and GPS queues...

Some have raved about the Etymotic ER-6i, I was lucky to catch a pair half-priced on Amazon. But I can see tearing 'em up by using them in helmet, I prefer the speakers and disposable ear plugs. Who knows though, maybe someday.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\