Re: [St] Hoping for a tiny miracle

Jeremy,

Why are you saying (writing) you don't have real way to verify. First the triples are supposed to be perfectly flat. If you take the two triples
back to back it's the first easy way to double-check they are flat. In the same time you will
verify that the fork tube holes are aligned and then yoke hole too. The triples are supposed to be symmetrical too. A simple sheet of paper and a thin pencil should show that easily
if you do it carefully. You draw around the parts. You'll obtain a pretty precise drawing of the parts. You will be able to do as many geometrical constructions as you need.

What do you mean by "would show signs of twisting". Don't you have a symptom that shows something currently?

Fred

I only have the means to check the fork tubes, which are in fine shape.  The
triple tree "looks" fine, but I have no real way to verify with
measurements.  Also pretty sure the frame would show signs of twisting, yes?