Re: [St] Triumph Oil Filter Wrench

Triumph did?change the size of their oil filters. I'm not sure what happened to the 99 - 04 series but when I bought my 05 ST, the parts manager, knowing that I do my own regular oil changes, mentioned that I would need a new filter tool. They sold me their workshop one when I originally picked up the bike. Only a few bucks, but annoying all the same.

Brett.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd J <me_shucker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Sprint List <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 7:34 am
Subject: [St] Triumph Oil Filter Wrench

Anyone else notice that the Triumph Filter wrench doesnt fit the OEM filters for
the 01s any more? (Yes, I am using OEM filters...) Did my local shop once again
convince me why I either drive 90+mi to the next nearest shop or ship from my
old shop 750mi away?! Or could I be overreacting...;-D

  The wrench fit the old filter perfectly, but was slightly too small to fit the
current filter.

  Todd