Re: [St] Insurance (no ST content, rant)

Think that's bad? Wait until we are all "given"
health insurance.

We'll all have to ride our bikes for mental health
breaks.

Ed Mallett
Tillamook, OR
03 ST

USA is the huge
contrast in premiums between states that require
insurance and those
that don't.
>From personal experience: Male, 42 years old, non
smoker, clean driving
record. Through Progressive, decent coverage, living
in Seattle WA
(mandatory insurance state), '98 Ford Mustang Cobra:
$2350/year.
EXACTLY the same policy, living in Phoenix AZ
(insurance optional
state), same car, etc.: $435/year.
Roughly the same size town. EXACTLY the same
coverage, driver, vehicle,
etc.: 400% price difference.
Why and how is that legal? I thought there were
antitrust laws
preventing such things. Oh, yea, we're talking about
government
sanctioned price gouging so it must be legal.

Mike
'06ST
Seattle