Re: [St] Insurance

I agree that insurance is insane. I am 59, clean record (knock, knock, knock), live near Seattle, ride a 2000 RS and was paying about $350 for full coverage through Progressive. BTW, the shop I bought from suggested an agent in FL for the insurance. He was at least $250 cheaper than a local agent I knew for the same coverage from Progressive. (That is nuts.)

Then about a year ago I tried to insure a 2nd bike. It was a 67 Hodaka Ace 90. I just wanted liability and maybe UIM(that is the most expensive part). I am the only rider in our house, so why should they charge me much of anything to insure the second bike? I can only ride one at a time. They wanted a bunch of extra money to insure the Hodaka, so I dropped the UIM for the 6 months I had the Hodaka. I could not understand.

I run my car and home insurance with USAA, which is a great company serving military families, but they refer m/c insurance to Progressive. I could not win. Other companies I considered had similar or higher premiums. Oh yeah, the Gecko at Geico wanted $1300 for the RS. They didn't even offer me my hot toasty English Muffin, either.

Steve Knudsen
Auburn, WA