Re: [St] Insurance

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:59 AM, agate47@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I agree that insurance is insane. I am 59, clean record (knock,
> knock, knock), live near Seattle, ride a 2000 RS and was paying
> about $350 for full coverage through Progressive. BTW, the shop I
> bought from suggested an agent in FL for the insurance. He was at
> least $250 cheaper than a local agent I knew for the same coverage
> from Progressive. (That is nuts.)
>
> Then about a year ago I tried to insure a 2nd bike. It was a 67
> Hodaka Ace 90. I just wanted liability and maybe UIM(that is the
> most expensive part). I am the only rider in our house, so why
> should they charge me much of anything to insure the second bike? I
> can only ride one at a time. They wanted a bunch of extra money to
> insure the Hodaka, so I dropped the UIM for the 6 months I had the
> Hodaka. I could not understand.
>
> I run my car and home insurance with USAA, which is a great company
> serving military families, but they refer m/c insurance to
> Progressive. I could not win. Other companies I considered had
> similar or higher premiums. Oh yeah, the Gecko at Geico wanted
> $1300 for the RS. They didn't even offer me my hot toasty English
> Muffin, either.

I am surprised to hear about the USAA/Progressive link. We have our
cars here in MA through USAA - great company. I just added my '99 ST.
The cost was roughly $450. No mention of Progressive. I have a
relatively clean driving record (one non-surchargable speeding ticket
in the last 7+ years). The coverage is both comprehensive and collision.

Go figure.

ed