Re: [St] Don't jump start

Right on, Chris,

One other reason, for lead-acid batteries, is so that the final
connection (which is likely to cause sparks) will not be in proximity of
the top of the battery which has the potential of having hydrogen and
oxygen gas (a by product of the electrolyte charging process) which can
result an explosion of the battery.

This is not an issue with the sealed battery in the bike, but a good
habit to have since explosions can send the sulphuric acid flying,
including in the direction of the guy holding the cable.

-Scott
(Ride more often to keep the battery charged)