Re: [St] ST replacement

JES_VFR wrote:

> So I kind of doubt that the trophy will be a replacement for the Sprint ST.
>
> But hey maybe we should all let our Triumph contacts know that we
> like the ST the way it is and don't want a Shaftie Tourer.

Speak for yourself on that one John as I for one would love to have a shaftie
sport-tourer.  Even though it was a little top heavy a shaft would have made my
'95 Trophy 3 a keeper to me.  I've been considering an FJR1300 for some time now
to get the performance, comfort and mile-eating low (no?) maintenance shaft
drive but haven't been willing to go up the additional 100 or so pounds to get
there.

I think a Trophy aimed at the FJR, hopefully lighter, and a smaller 675-800 ST
would make for the perfect garage.  BMW looks to have the spread just about
right, and after articles like this one get more attention maybe Triumph will
take a look at how that line up is done:
http://www.motorcycle.com/events/2008-bike-week-wrapup-76692.html

It's the first day of Spring, the battery tenders are tired of humming, and
Mother Nature had the nerve to snow on us last night after all that rain dumped
on us here in central Ohio.  Puh-lease let's have some riding weather!

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\