Re: [St] Break In, Running In or Lapping

This old chestnut again. Its a variation on oil/tyre/chain lube thread I
guess.

As I understand it, you can run an engine as per the manufacturers
instructions. Also known as slow run in.

You can start the vehicle from new and then red line it for the first twenty
or so kilometers.

You can put it on a dyno, select first gear, put a rope around the throttle
with a brick at the other end for about five minutes. If it breaks, it was
always going to.

Thoughts?

Brett.