Re: [St] Insurance and Break In

At 09:45 PM 5/7/2008, you wrote:

In a message dated 8/05/2008 10:34:31 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time,
eoinkirwan@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Yes and rarely is it highlighted that this guy builds RACE ENGINES that would
> be rebuilt twice a season, minimum. If that level of maintenance doesn't bother you and you want maximum BHP, then by all means follow his advice :)

Yes interesting point. There are a bunch of people on other forums that say they have used the fast run in method, but I cant find anyone that has kept the bike for more than 30 or 40k to give an indication of the effect on high
mileage bike. So I'm still yet to be convinced that this method is good for anything but racing.

Brett.

I have used this method on several automobile engines (both factory new and various levels of rebuilds), with success. Now these are not motorcycle engines, so I cannot suggest that the methodology is exactly the same.

And since I'm currently working on ways to get the mileage up on my current bike, its not yet resolved.

JohnS A Dragon Ascending "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"