Re: [St] January 19, 1999

I had a GPz750, an 85 model.

Great bike, but mine had a wobble that I never cured.

Only bike I ever had a chain snap at speed -wrapped around the back sprocket
and jammed up the wheel at 120/130 kph. Lots of fun bringing that lot to a
stop - ruined the tyre.

I ruined the bike by removing the airbox, running free flow airfilters and a
free-flo pipe. Bike pulled like a train in the top end, so I rode it like
that till the head split and blew hot oil all over my leg at silly speeds.

Bike was toast.

cheers

Marc
Cape Town, RSA