From: Jim Crate <jimcfl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2008/05/12 Mon PM 09:15:37 BST
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] 675 pulling a gap on suzuki and kawasaki

On May 12, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Matt Knowles wrote:

> It doesn't seem like an efficient layout for cooling, space,
> plumbing of intake and exhaust, and weight.
>
> Although for wild and crazy ideas, I did love the custom bike with
> the 7 cylinder motor with a rotary layout that was featured in a
> recent AMA magazine. Totally impractical, but you got to admire a
> guy who does something like that just because he can.

Wouldn't that be a radial motor, not a rotary? :)  Rotary motors come
in Mazdas, although that would also be an interesting motor for a
custom bike project.

I admire that because it is truly custom, not a standard cruiser
drivetrain that's just called "custom".  I agree that it is not
practical, but I'd have a lot more respect for the "custom" bike
segment if more of their projects were more unique.  None of them are
intended to be practical anyway.

Jim