Re: [St] Alternator problems.

Thanks Bill.

I think the url is w/o s at the end of sport. Don already gave me the info. Great to know you already bought something from them and it was OK.

But the shipping time from US will last 10 days or so to France.

How much did you pay for the RR?
But I think the RR is OK. Regarding the way it's made (I unwound the faulty coil yesterday night) I am not surprised of the failure.

Fred

I found an excellent NEW replacement stator for my 02 St at WWW.ricksmotorsportselectrics.com.
I've had it on for 4 months and it works excellent.
Another tip is to use an regulator rectifier from a Ducati 749,999,1000DS they bolt right in. I put it on when I put the stator on. This data should be ok for all ST/RS 2002>2004 and maybe the 2005 on.(I haven't tried the 05>)
yoy have to swap the connector on the ducat reg. with the one on your triumph unit. (push the pins out of the connector and swap the connector.(the pinout is the same but the connector housing.) also check for clearance around the heatsink and the cable bundle.
Bill Edwards, Simi Valley CA whe44edw@xxxxxxx