Re: [St] [ST]alternator troubles: follow up

huh, isn't a stator a fundamental part of an alternator

It's the common way to name the only electrical part of a permanent magnet
alternator. The other as for automotive is called alternator and contains a stator and a rotor (excitation) plus RR.

The permanent magnet is hooked to the crank. The stator is tighten on the engine cover and is
an independent part.

also, I don't know how my name is included below -- wasn't me that posted the ebay URL

Neither me.

Fred