[St] alternator principles

Hi all.

After further digging into the heap of web information I finally have an good idea of
how a stator on our beasts get his voltage regulated. It's pretty scary. It explains also
why I had one coil (phase) burned to the core.
As I read already we can check the rectifiers from outside the Rectifier/Regulator
despite it's glued in epoxy. In fact the plus and ground are directly the output of the
rectifier arrangement (3+3 diodes). No regulation device in line.

The way it's regulated is one of the 3 coils is SHORTEN if the voltage is too high. For people w/
a little knowledge in electronic, it uses commonly a thyristor (or Silicon Controlled Rectifier). When the sin
wave get over a threshold, it shorten the coil for the rest of the half period. Wow!

That is the less ampere you drain the more ampere you drain!!! Whatever you do you consume and waste this energy.

For more evaluated  regulator the three coils are shorten as for
http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/erol.html#8209x0&&http%3A%252F%252Fwww.google.fr%252Fsearch%3Fhl%3Dfr%26q%3Dstator+regulator%26btnG%3DRecherche+Google%26meta%3D
which also sold by
http://www.electrosport.com/contact/
The three phases are regulated.

The only explanation I can find is that they save an in line regulation component that should handle the 30A, as a power transistor.

Has any one among you guys a better explanation that would stop me from building such a more conventional regulation device?

additional info's:

http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_statorfacts.htm In our case it's delta mounting.

and

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Motorcycle-Repair-837/Suzuki-Intruder-1400-charging.htm