Re: [St] Crash protectors

On 20 Jun 2008, at 10:05, steve scilley wrote:

The damn thing bent the bolt which in turn cracked the mounting bracket and now I have to drop the engine out to get the bracket welded. Oh! and the fairing's bolloxed anyway! so it didn't help at all.

When I dropped my last ST - a low speed slide across grass into a mile- post - the small lug holding the light assembly on front of frame was only damage to frame. But insurance company said they had policy that said they would not pay for frame repairs - any damage to frame however minor required replacement of the frame - and as a result scrapped bike. Dealer said he thought the policy was pretty wide- spread. Anyhow - I got enough to replace bike like-for-like, but seemed like a waste of a good bike to me. By sound of it, trashing some fairing panels might be better route than putting in those bobbin things.

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183. Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/