Re: [St] Advice Needed - RE: Selling 2000 SprintRS

Nate,

I have a bike very much like yours (except for the tank bag, which I wish I had). Same year, color, and almost same miles. Looking at ads for the RS in Seattle occasionally is depressing. Somewhere in the $3000+ range is about all they can command, especially in this economy. Unfortunately, they are not old enough to become a cult bike, yet. For that mattter, they will probably not become a cult bike in the future either. There are not enough of us enlighten souls to support such a market.

I feel that I have to keep the bike. It does everything I ask and then some. I cannot imagine another bike that will give me the Bang for the?Buck that I get from my RS. I do not have the time or resources to tour extensively, so hard bags and creature comforts are not essential to me. Your needs may vary. However, I am always happy to ride my bike whenever I can. It is the best bike I have ever owned, and may very well hold that position for a long time.

I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do. (I only lust after your tank bag a little bit.)

Steve Knudsen
Auburn, WA
00 RS - Lucifer Orange