Re: [St] Extra Fuel

At 01:16 PM 5/23/2008, you wrote:
oh, oh, here we go....
Sprints do not require premium gas -- mid-grade is just fine and anything more is a waste of your money
That is my point! I only need regular gas in my bikes, but some of these attendant's don't want to listen and try to pump premium into my bikes.
The last time this happened with a new guy at the station I regularly get gas from. He handed me the pump, hit the premium button and walked away. I just reached over, hung the hose back up and paddled the bike to the next open pump where I started the pump myself. I had about a gallon in the bike when the attendant comes racing over jabbering in some dialect.
Finally he, switches back into english and says "you cannot pump gas, its illegal for you".
I said, "and Its illegal for you to rip me off. I said Reg-u-lar Gas, three times and you still pressed the premium button. If you don't like me pumping the grade of gas I asked you for, then listen to what I say. And if you don't want to open your ears and listen, go get a cop to arrest me."

About then the Manager of the station, came outside to see what the yelling was about. He knows me and knows that I buy plenty of gas from his station, so he starts screaming at the attendant. The attendant shoots me a nasty look and slinks off to the other island to tend some woman in her BMW 5 series. I notice that his hand is on the regular button until she yells at him "premium".

JohnS A Dragon Ascending "Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"