Re: [St] The Dreaded "No Start" Syndrome

 Courtesy of Rupert Galea's webpage...   http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/

http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/my_st.html

- On the morning of August 14th (28,335 miles) I went to leave for a two
day trip. As I went to push the bike off its center stand it died. I
wiggled the key and got the lights to come back on started it up again
and went to push it of the stand and it died again. Then I could only
get the lights to come on if I turned the steering all the way to the
left. I figured it was a short or a loose connection so tugged on a few
wires. After doing this the lights would not come on at all. I was
almost ready to give up when I pulled back the sheath around the wires
going into the ignition switch and saw that two of the wires were cut.
There was a recall to re-route the wires to the ignition switch on some
ST's because of this exact problem. The original owner told me that the
ignition switch was changed to try and cure another problem (I have two
keys). I still do not know if the wires were routed properly when the
dealer installed this switch.

http://www.rgalea.com/bikes/st/images/ignition.jpg

Jay
'00 ST